From:
Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 16:40:51 -0500
John Pavao writes:

>On the lowcarb support list right now there is a thread on this very
>subject.  An individual bought a bag and could not find a way to crack
>them, except in a metal vice after microwaving them for 30 seconds or more.
> That marks them off my shopping list...
>
>Sorry, I was serious.

Okay, you've made a believer out of me, John--no more macadamia nuts for
this kid! (Another prized food bites the dust.) Now my only remaining
question is whether nature's plastic shrinkwrap we see on so many products
today--and so resistant to the action of human fingernails--is penetrable
by anything less than a high-technology carbon-steel machete. (Seriously.
:^) )

--Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>