From:
Joe Clemens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 09:41:49 -0700

Providing good bread for the gluten-free diet is a subject often seen
here with many subscribers saying they are not able to produce that
with their bread machines.  So, I would like to do something positive
to ameliorate this situation with the participation of others on the list
who are willing to collaborate with me.

I feel that gluten-free bread is as good as wheat bread if it is made
from a good recipe and is properly mixed and baked.

It is obvious that you are just plain lucky if you dump gluten-free
ingredients into a bread machine and get out a perfect loaf of bread.  I
have found that each recipe has to be perfected to work in a particular
machine, to get excellent results.  Once a recipe is perfected you are
then able to bake it again and again with no problems.

If you would like to work with me on this project please contact me
and we will get started.  My plan is to prepare a comprehensive
document on exactly how to develop recipes which will be equally
useful to others on the list regardless of bread machine type or good
recipe used.  In other words, the final documents will be concerned
with the basics rather than a particular recipe.

So we will have a standard during the course of the project, I plan to
use only the recipes provided by STAR YEAST, upon request,
because all these recipes are stable and easy and all the
participants and subscribers in the group will have the same
'textbook'.  To get your free STAR YEAST recipes, baking tips,
substitutions, etc., call 1-800-4-CELIAC (1-800-423-5422).

Let's help everyone on the list learn how to bake a really delicious
loaf of gluten-free bread with their bread machine!

Joe Clemens
Port Angeles, Washington
United States of America