NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Max Desorgher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 14:10:05 +0000

Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 15:02:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: [log in to unmask]

In a message dated 97-04-17 11:04:16 EDT, Linda writes:

>  My 6-year-old, lactose-intolerant daughter Miri has had "ants in
>  her pants" since she was about two, and about the same time turned
>  from a sweet-natured and happy toddler to a dramatically emotional
>  child (very high highs, very low lows). I thought this was all just
>  normal (naturally, she being my first) until she entered school
>  when my very bright child turned out to do pretty poorly, mostly
>  because she can't hold still or focus on one thing long enough.
>
>  I foresaw the dread diagnosis of ADHD coming . . .
 (message edited by listowner)

I have had quite an eduation about this in the last 8 mo with my son
Christopher.  He was diagnosed with ADD at age 2 .... and we decided to avoid
the medications and persue all of the alternatives first.  Well, to make a
long story short .... he has improved DRAMATICALLY in the last 8 mo with NO
MEDICATIONS.  He is strictly diet controlled with behavioral modifications.
 There are alternatives, but they are really difficut to find.  My first
suggestion is getting a book on the FEINGOLD DIET .... go to a really good
(and big) bookstore.  There are also other books a long these lines.  He
writes about an ELIMINATION DIET and then slowly re-introducing foods to
watch for TRIGGERS in these children.  We also keep a very detailed journal
for our son ... we write all he consumes, the weater, and his behavior.
 After a few weeks, we started to see patterns ... which in turn led us to
many of his TRIGGER POINTS.

If you would like more info, please do not hesitate to ask .... and CONGRATS
on your dedication to your child !!

Tammy

**Also please feel free to email me directly of you feel you need additional
info. or have some questions.