NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynne & Bill Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 23:13:31 -0600
At 02:27 PM 15/04/97 EDT, you wrote:
>I read some postings recently concerning citrus reactions. Is this a
>common occurrence with milk allergic folks? My daughter was diagnosed
>about 2 months ago with milk and soy allergies. Now we have noticed a
>problem when she drank fresh squeezed lemonade, ate an orange, and just
>recently when the only possible offending food could have been citric
>acid. Her symptoms were not as severe as with milk and soy, but similar;
>and I did notice a rash on her face.

I am also wondering the same thing, I have always reacted to oranges and tomatoes with a rash and/or excema and I am also allergic to milk,  and until lately I could eat grapefruit without a problem.  I think I had some grapefruit genetically crossed with oranges and I am now afraid to try again. Most of my family has the same allergies to varying degrees and my father has become very sensitive to citric acid and caffiene in any form as well.  My two daughters do not like oranges and I am pretty sure that they could be sensitive as well. It is very confusing at times, and I am also wondering if anyone could vouch for the necessity of testing?  I live almost symptom free most of the time by eliminating the things I have discovered bother me, but I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and find out that I am allergic to more. Thanx, Lynne.