NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Kevles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 13:59:35 -0500
Hi -

My web page lists a coupleof milk-free pumpkin pie recipes.  Lat year
we just used the recipe in the Joy of Cooking. substituting soy milk
for milk.  (I think rice milk would work, too, but haven't tried it yet.)

For lots of great recipes that substitute other things for milk,, pick
up a good kosher cookbook.  The more orthodox, the better!  One that
I use for substitutes is ccalled The Spice of Life, but any will do.
Ask around at your local orthodox synagogue for sugestions.

Inother news, Rice Dream has a pmaphlet of recipces that use it.  I got
it free at my health food store, but you might be able to get it by
calling their 800 number.

I hope this helps,
--Beth Kevles