From:
"Thomas M. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 12:42:33 -0400

Hi all!

My wife was first turned on to the possibility of having CD about 3
months ago, and the news group were very supportive as we went along
trying to eliminate gluten and measure the results.  Many people in this
group were EXTREMELY helpful.

Since then she has been to a nutritionist/chripractor who tested the
blood and screened the stool.  What he found was interesting.

A yeast level in the stool which indicated a fungal infestation.  This
was probably brought on by stress.  The intestines are thus weakened and
damaged so that she is sensitive to wheat among 20 or so other foods.
These "sensitivities" may be temporary until we get the yeast problem
taken care of.  She is on supplements and vitamins as well as a natural
oil product which will kill the yeast.  I can send you details
personally.  Its too soon to tell if this will help at all, but I will
post updates on her progress.  Again we find that the medical community
(as well as insurance carriers) are ignorant to this kind of thing.