NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 19:30:28 -0800
At 11:38 AM 2/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Tulip says:
>
>>I just joined this list and I'm thrilled that it's here.  I'm a 41 year
>old female and lactose intolerant for about the past 10 years.  I have a
>few questions.  What exactly is casien and does it effect a LI individual?<
>
>Casein is a family of milk proteins.  Since LI is a problem with digesting
>the milk sugar, lactose, casein and its derivatives by themselves should
>not pose any problem for people who are purely lactose intolerant and not
>also allergic to milk.  Some studies have shown that small traces of

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your detailed answers to my questions.  Very helpful and
informative - as is your web site.  I suggest that everyone check it out.
It's wonderful of you to put so much info into your site.

And - thanks to everyone else who answered my questions.  I've really
learned so much in the few days since I've joined this list.

Tulip
mailto:[log in to unmask]