NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 23:49:51 -0800
It's nice to finally see where Robert Cohen is getting his information
to spout continuously at us.  I'm sure you'll have a smart answer for me
in the very near future but I came on this list for ideas and
information on substituting and mostly what is heard from your end is
milk bashing. Maybe you should start a vegitarian list for people who
want us to consume no milk whatsoever and not beef either because of
what was given them. Take care and eat well.
Chris Horne

Dear Chris,

Actually, Sam Epstein is not my source of INFO.  I know Sam quite well.
He was one of the courageous few who fought the genetically engineered
hormone from day #1.  Sam has taken personal attacks from a number of
Monsanto lobbyists including C. Everett Koop.

As for smart comments, I have nothing to say to ridicule anything that
you have said.  Without you having used these words, I admit to being
impertinent.

However, besides milk mustaches, I'd welcome hearing anything anybody
has to say in favor of milk.  I cannot think of anything.

Before he died, W.C. Fields said, "My illness is due to my doctor's
insistance that I drink milk, a whitish fluid they force down helpless
babies."

As for meat, the same protein hormones are in meat.

However, those hormones in meat are rendered inactive by powerful
digestive enzymes and are broken down into their basic amino acids.

I am happy for you and your husband.  I am happy that you are both in
perfect health.  Keep on doing whatever you are doing to feel good!

Robert Cohen