NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Daniel Twogood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:50:46 -0800
Christopher Shade wrote:

> please provide sources to the list that support your view that children
> shouldn't drink cow's milk.  thanks!
>
> ...christopher

I know Robert's going to jump in here with a clever response, but I'll
throw in my two cents. Your question shows just how brilliant the dairy
marketing has been. It seems logical to me that cow's milk is for cows,
and that's all that needs to be said. But plenty of clinicians have made
the milk connection. The best pediatric work is by Frank Oski, M.D., head
of pediatrics at Johns Hopkins. If you need to read more than the title
of his book, "Don't Drink Your Milk," then contact Teach Services, Route
1, Box 182,Brushton, NY 12916, or call them at 518-358-2125 for a copy
of his excellent book.

DT