From:
Linda J Gill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 14:38:45 EST

I am writing for my sister whose 2 year old daughter has CD.  She broke
her leg as she was being diagnosed a year ago.  She has been gluten free
for a year with the usual accidental ingestions that occur when first
diagnosed. ( About 3 times).  Each time took about 3 weeks to get her
back on track. "Poop" soup as one Mom called it.
Well, she has now fractured a bone in her foot.  Our question is what
should we be doing? Should she schedule to see a pediatric
endocrinologist? What would this do for her? Should she have a bone scan?
Why? Is there a pediatric treatment for osteoporosis? Could it be
something else? How long does it take to get these bones back to normal?
She had been told after the first fracture to follow the diet and there
should be no more problems with fractures. Any help would be appreciated.
She drinks milk and loves cheese, ice cream etc. Thank you.