From:
"Barry S. Klusky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 06:50:42 -0500

Hi,  We just want to say thanks to everyone out there.  Our daughter Sara
(2.5 years) has been having intestinal problems for most of her life.
We've been to 3 GIs-- 2 out of 3 useless, the 3rd one at least put us on
the right track.  We had found Scott Adam's Celiac Page which recommended
you wonderful folk.

Although Sara was not diagnosed with CD, she does have a very high
intolerance to wheat/gluten products.  Her diet is a CD diet.  We found the
best approach for us was at first to have the whole family follow the CD
diet until Sara was used to it.  Lucky us, she loves to eat anything.
After a while she was asking us if there was wheat in the food before she
would eat it.  We feel as Sara will have to live her life as a celiac in a
non-celiac world.  We do eat wheat/gluten food in front of her BUT not
without having a suitable substitute for her.  Even at her age she knows
wheat does not make her feel good.  Please, all parents out there with CD
babes, give your child a chance to understand what's happening and most of
all, even if it's real hard to do, only show a positive attitude to your
child.  Thanks again.

Barry & Pam Klusky    Goshen,NY