From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 23:46:05 -0400

At 02:10 PM 9/30/96 -0500, Kathy Christenson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have read all the "bread files" from this list recently and it appears
>that all of the recipes call for dry milk powder or milk alternatives
>which, I believe, all contain soy. I haven't seen any other alternatives
>and wonder if I've missed something somewhere.

You are. DariFree (formerly called Vegilicious) is potato based and does
well in baking. It can be mail ordered. There are also some that are rice
based. What you need to do is download the Milk Substitute FAQ (now at
version 4.0). It is mostly a compilation of various people's opinions of the
different ones available in the marketplace. It is now some 25K in length
and you can retrieve it by sending GET CELIAC MILKALT in a message body to

Don Wiss.