Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 09:57:01 -0500

there is a stool test that collected feces for 24 hrs or so and checked the
fat content. It was only one of several screening tests run before running a
biopsy.
A positive stool test is not definitive enough for a CD diagnosis. I think
that the blood serum tests are mostly used for screening now prior to a
biopsy, which is still considered the final determination of CD.

>Is there a stool sample test for celiac? I have recently refered a
>patient of mine to his medical doctor due to what I suspected to be
>a kidney infection. I had also mentioned the possibility that he might
>have celiac disease (because of his history and the result of
>kinesiology tests).  When he related my suspicions to his M.D., he was
>told to "bring in a stool sample and they would find out".
Bernie Mansbach                                 ~_0   _0
Scotia, NY                                     _ \<---\ < _
voice (518)393-3475
data/fax (518) 393-1307