From:
Jeryl Cordell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 09:23:42 -0800

While the grain ingrdients in risotto (rice) may not be a problem, many of
us have reported problems with high fats, especially saturated fats,
giving the same types of symptoms.   Recently the chef of one of our
better local restaurants was on TV giving his risotto recipe.  He
commenced by saying:  "You start with a quarter pound stick of butter
and then..."  Needless to say I was too astounded to listen to the rest of
the recipe.   Not only do I have high cholesterol, I respond badly to fats.
And I used to gobble what I thought was this healthy dish.  After all,
what's better for you than rice?
Jere Cordell