From:
Muriel Kranowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 09:11:58 EDT

I just discovered that a local bakery bakes GF bread by special order,
so I special-ordered a batch and will pick it up tomorrow.  They don't
sell them by the loaf since they have to purchase a batch's worth of
ingredients and process them as a batch of 3 or 4 loaves.  I am putting
in the back of my mind the worry about cross contamination, and focussing
on how much I will enjoy having sandwiches not made with rice cakes.

I am wondering how to store the extra loaves so they don't spoil until
I get to the last ones.  What do you do, folks?  I'm afraid that freezing
and thawing will ruin their texture and taste.  I am at about 2500 feet
elevation, in a climate that varies dramatically from day to day between
sunny/windy and overcast/calm and raining/windy.  Today it's dry :-)

All suggestions appreciated.  I will post a summary to the list if you
prefer to answer me directly.  Thanks!

            Muriel Kranowski
            in beautiful southwest Virginia