Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 15:46:43 -0400

Hello.  I was wondering if having celiac disease could possibly cause
menstrual cycle changes?   Right now I'm 2 weeks into the 2 month test diet -
totally lactose and gluten free.  I tested positive to only the anti-gliadin
antibody, but the biopsy was negative.  I've also got a deficiency in
vitamins A and B12.

I've noticed that my menstrual cycle started lessening in both flow and
duration for the past 5 months.  I've talked to my pharmacist to see if the 2
newest meds that I started 6 months ago would have any bearing - was told
that it does not.  I've also got Sjogren's Syndrome, and I've posted this
same question to that group.  I am seeing my primary care physician on
Thursday morning, but I'm not sure if he'll know if this problem is related
to either Sjogren's or Celiac Disease.  I'm quite worried about the whole
thing.

If anyone can relate a similar problem, please feel free to e-mail me
privately.

TIA,

Deb