Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 13:35:14 +0200

Dear all,

I don't remember who it was that gave this cooking tip, but I must say
THANK YOU for saving me a lot of testing time and for turning otherwise
failures into real successes.
The tip was to substitute 1c rice flour + 1TBSP tapioca flour + 2TBSP
increase in liquid for every cup of wheat flour in a given recipe. The tip
said that this was a good substitute in pancakes and waffles, but I have
been discovering that it works well with cookies, too.

Here is another cookie recipe that doesn't require chocolate chips.
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. oil
50 gr. bakers chocolate, melted with 1 TBSP water, a tad margarine and a
little sugar
1 tsp. GF vanilla extract
2 small eggs
1/8 tsp. salt
2 cups flour mix substitute (see above tip)
1 tsp. GF baking powder
powdered sugar to sprinkle on top

Mix sugar, oil, chocolate and vanilla.
Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between them.
Add the flour, salt, baking powder.
Chill batter for 1 hour.
Drop by spoonfulls onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 190 deg. centigrade or 375 deg. F for 10-12 min.
Remove immediately onto plate and dust with powdered sugar.
Store in airtight container.

These are sturdy, chewy cookies and taste much like the gluten ones from
which this recipe has been adapted.

Hope you like it.

Sharon Marcus