From:
Sharon Marcus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 22:32:52 -0400

> Does anyone have dessert recipes which were formulated to be flourless,
> NOT converted from gluten to GF flours.

I have not yet tried these but they sound good. Let me know what you
think:

FIRST RECIPE: Flourless Chocolate Cake

Use springform pan 9x2.5" greased and dusted with cocoa powder. Line with
waxed paper. Preheat oven to 250 deg.

In sauce pan over low heat, melt 2 8oz semi-sweet chocolate with 1/2c.
margarine.

In large bowl, whisk 5 large egg yolks with 1 TBSP vanilla extract. Slowly
beat chocolate mixture with yolks.

In another small bowl, beat egg whites till stiff, adding 1/4c.
confectioners sugar.

Fold egg whites in, in portions of 1/3. Pour into pan. Bake 1 hr. Cool
completely before removing. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.

SECOND RECIPE: New Zealand Pavlova

3 egg whites
1c. sugar
1tsp. GF vinegar (you read it right)
1tsp. baking powder
bit of vanilla extract

Beat whites till stiff. Add sugar slowly, then vinegar, then baking powder.

Line 9x9 or smaller pan with greased wax paper and fill with batter 2-3"
high. Bake at 350 deg about 45 min. Turn oven off and leave to cool inside.
"Frost" with whipped cream.

THIRD RECIPE: Rice Flour Cake with Various Fillings

1 1/3c. butter flavored margarine at room temp. (200gr for you metrically
    minded people)
1c. sugar (white, brown or a mixture)
2c. rice flour

Put marg. and sugar in food processor and mix with metal blade until marg
"dissolves" into sugar. Add rice flour and process until you get crumb
mixture.. Remove 1/3c and put aside.

Add to larger crumb mixture:
3 whole eggs
3/4-1c sour cream
2 1/4tsp. baking powder

Again mix until uniform and smooth. Add desired filling (see below) and
mix. Transfer to greased pan (not a false bottom pan) (but bunt pan is OK)
and fill 3/4 full. Over this, sprinkle the 1/3c. curmbs you removed before.
Bake at 350-375 deg, checking after 1/2 hour and every so often for done-ness.

Possible fillings

5 large bananas cut up
4-5 coarsely chopped apples with sugar and cinnamon
GF chocolate chips
1c. coconut mixed with ground peanuts
mixed dried fruit, cut up
This cake can be frozen, then warmed for a few minutes in a microwave to
keep taste and freshness.

As we say here, b'tay'avon (bon apetite),

Sharon Marcus