From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 08:59:41 -0600

A couple of recent posts touched on MS so here goes...

I have heard of the CD and MS relationship but nothing concrete.  What are
the issues in regards to MS?  I have celiac, my two uncles on my dads side
have and had MS, one passed away.  There are no other diagnosed celiacs
prior to myself and my son.

For the last two months, I have been getting "numb" spots on the right side
of my face/head, my right lower arm/hand and my right lower leg/foot.  Also my
right eye swells intermittantly.  I have been to the GP and an
opthomologist.  Now I have a referral to a neurologist which the earliest
appt was for October. I took the cancellation list route since I happen to
work 1 floor down from the neurologists office. My GP says although the MS
is a possibility, it is slight. I have a fear that it could be MS but again
it could be something simple. The hardest thing I am dealing with right now
it the "not knowing" what it is.

Two years ago the gastro said I would feel better on this diet. HA!
I have felt worse and have never felt so unhealthy in my life.  I was always
healthy, very rarely missing school or work (and that due to migraines).
Never caught the flu until I was 28 and that has been the only flu bug I
got.  I am still very healthy but feel run down, almost depressed at times.

Sorry to be so down but any info would be greatly appreciated.

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada