From:
Tami L Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 18:33:48 -0400

Can anybody tell me what the deal is with pepperoni, sausage, and hot dogs? I
have checked ingredient lists of many brands of these products, and they often
seem OK (except for the ubiquitous "natural flavors"). I have avoided giving
them to my son because of some vague warnings in some of the information I've
gathered over the years.

My son ate a dish recently that contained pepperoni (the ingredient list seemed
fine). He had a terrible reaction; and since this is a dish which is GF in
every other way, and he has often eaten it with no trouble without the
pepperoni, I have to believe that's the culprit. Why?

Any info would be appreciated. I hate avoiding foods just for lack of
information rather than actual gluten content!

Thanks

      Tami Powell
  East Lansing, Michigan