Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 1996 23:02:19 -0400

>I have just received a follow-up letter to my phone call to StarKist.  The
letter, from Jaime Breitenbach, Consumer Relations Representative
(1-800-252-1587), indicates that StarKist tuna "does not contain the
following ingredients.....<

Beware of hydrolized vegetable protein- that is an ingredient in most tuna in
water (it was surprising to me the first time someone pointed it out that's
it's not just tuna and water)
They put this is to take away some of the fishy taste. I play it safe and opt
for Bumble Bee's Diet Low Salt tuna in water (and guess what, that's all that
it contains)

Leslie- NYC