From:
Leslie Elsner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 1996 23:02:25 -0400

Hi all- just a word of caution taken from a reply from Frito Lay I just
received regarding their gluten free status:
They following items REGULAR FLAVOR varieties only
(NO SEASONING OR FLAVOR ADDED) are gluten free

BAKEN-ETS brand Fried Pork Skins
FRITOS brand Corn Chips
LAY'S brand Potato Chips
(I believe all the BAKED LAYS have Wheat Flour added- check the labels)
MUNCHOS brand Potato Chips
RUFFLES brand Potato Chips & Reduced Fat Potato Chips
TOSTITOS brand Orig Flavor Baked White Corn Tortilla Chips
WAVY LAYS brand Potato Chips
***BEWARE*** the SEASONED AND FLAVORED varieties of the above may contain
Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein often derived from Wheat.

They list other gluten free items but these are the ones to be cautious of
outside of the Regular Flavor varieties. If you are interested in the full
listing, pls E-mail me at [log in to unmask]