From:
Leslie Elsner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 08:04:40 -0400

Re <I would be interested in hearing of brief details regarding specific
airlines getting the Gluten Free meal correct.>

I thought others may be interested in my gf flying experience.
.... The first time I tried to fly American GF, they gave me a bagel(which
I'm sure was not made from rice flour) cream cheese and a banana. I never got
around to complaining, I know I really should have because that's really
quite dangerous. But I flew them again to the Caribbean about three weeks ago
and I think they did fairly well. A plain grilled chicken breast, plain salad
with dressing on the side that was made with rice vinegar and lemon juice (a
little tart but seemed to be safe) a side of fresh fruit and a plain rice
cake (not caramel). Not too bad huh? If I were you I would proceed where
others like myself didn't. Write them a nice note (after all they are trying
to help us) and let them know where your concerns are. This way I am sure
they will appreciate the opportunity to improve on their safety options.
(after all, I would assume if they didn't want to help they wouldn't offer
and gf meal in the first place like so many other airlines.
Good luck