Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 20:20:23 -0800

Could anyone on the list supply me with the address and contact for the
anti-reticulin anitbody CD test. As in my other post, my sister and her 5
year old tested 'borderline' for CD but were told it is only 63%
accurate. They were told that to send a sample to NY has a 98% accuracy
rate (hope this is correct). I know this has been mentioned and I am
sorry to take up airspace asking again but we would be so grateful if the
info could be supplied again. We are worried because the little one eats
like a horse and his iron is low and now they have this 'borderline'
diagnosis to contend with. I was diagnosed as 'suggestive of celiac' and
my gastro took that as a 'yes!'. Now if I eat gluten I am sick for days
so I want to help them if there is any chance that they have CD. The DR
said the diagnosis didn't warrant a biopsy but 63% accuracy merits
further investigation as he suggested (good for him, a DR who follows up!)
Thanks all,
Lisa P