From:
"Nellie S. Kreis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 16:15:06 -0500

The Fair Use doctrine applies to Educational Institutions--not
educational activities. I have to agree that copying of recipies from
published works is probably a violation of copyright.

One's needs does not justify circumventing the law. Try telling a judge
that you were justified in exceeding the speed limit because you were
late for an appointment you could not afford to miss.

Besides--publishing for a limited audience is a risky venture--we all
need to support those publishers willing to take a chance on making a
profit by serving the celiac population.

However, I don't know that anyone has explored copyright ramifications on
the Internet--an overwhelming project!

Nellie S. Kreis