From:
Walter & Susan Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 00:37:12 -0500

Listmates,

I thought of a story to tell you that probably won't make your day, but
maybe you should hear it.

My family has some tree farm land in Arkansas, and my mother arranged for me
to meet the husbandman who advises her on when to cut, etc.  We were wincing
at the technique of using chemicals to kill the hardwoods and underbrush.
He said, "Hey, that's nothing.  Do you know they use agent orange to keep
the weeds out of rice fields? They say it doesn't get in the grain when it's
husked."

That just made my day. (It was probably about a decade ago, and they might
have changed their practices, but a lot of rice comes from Arkansas.)

Yuck!

Susan Owens