Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 1995 17:16:32 EDT

We have tried repeatedly to bake bread for our celiac child (almost 2) with no
success.  After 3 or 4 days he has diahrea and the like.  We have tested almost
all the ingredients individually or in other foods and most seem fine.  We
switched to using flour from Ener-G foods so we know it is not contaminated.  We
aren't sure now whether it is a problem with Tapioca Starch/Flour or Xantham
Gum.  We will probably try a different kind of bread (again) and skip the
Xantham gum and see if it helps.  What symptoms has
anyone had who cannot tolerate Xantham gum?  What else do you use in its place?
Does anyone have problems with Tapioca Flour?

We have tried to bake bread for him so many times we almost feel like giving up
and buying it but if we do we feel like we won't know if we can bake him
anything at all.

Thanks,
Tim Meadows, Warsaw, IN, USA