From:
Jim Lyles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 1995 19:48:35 EDT

Kevin Haney wrote:

> I recently purchased a bread machine, the Welbilt 4100T.  After buying
> it, I realized that it cannot program out the second kneading and rising,
> as with the model 150-R (which I was looking for, but is more
> expensive).  What I'm wondering is do the second kneading and rising cycles
> hurt the end result?

We've been using our Welbilt for about two years.  Ours also does two
kneadings, and we can't change it to do only one.  For about the first year,
we just let it knead the dough twice; it doesn't seem to hurt it any.
However, now we just turn it on while its still empty.  While its busy
kneading the air for 15 minutes or so, we measure and blend the dry
ingredients together in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another.  After
the first knead ends, we dump the yeast and dry ingredients in the breadmaker.
About 55 minutes later, just before the second knead begins, we add the wet
ingredients.  This seems to work out fine; the bread has good flavor and
texture and rarely sinks in the middle or overflows.

                   --- Jim Lyles ([log in to unmask]) ---