Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 1995 18:58:29 CDT

The listowners are pleased to announce that Jim Lyles
<[log in to unmask]> has agreed to join us in the administrative and
policy responsiblities of running this list.  With the additional horsepower,
the listowners hope to have a FAQ file operational soon, so that new celiacs
and new subscribers can have their general questions easily answered.

It will be a few days before his user ID is authorized for listowner
responsibilities, since Mike Jone's whole internet site is down right now, so
if any of you have an immediate problem which cannot wait, please contact Lisa,
Evan or Bill.  We have asked Jim to write a brief description of himself, and
it follows.

Your listowners,
Bill Elkus <[log in to unmask]> and <[log in to unmask]>
Lisa Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Evan Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>

-----intro follows ----

My name is Jim Lyles.  My wife and I have three children, and two of them are
celiacs.  My first grade daughter was diagnosed about three years ago; her
four year old brother was diagnosed about a year after that.  Last year I
underwent genetic testing.  It appears that I am genetically predisposed to
celiac disease, but blood tests and a biopsy indicate that I don't actually
have celiac disease (yet).

I am currently president of the Tri-County Celiac Sprue Support Group, in SE
Michigan.  I am co-editor of our group's newsletter, The Sprue-nik Press,
which has appeared on this list recently.  My wife and I also are responsible
for contacting various manufacturers and putting together our group's shopping
guide of GF products.  These experiences plus our own reading and research
have given us a fairly good grasp on celiac disease and the nuances of this
diet, though we are always trying to learn more.  We take a hard-line approach
to the diet:  No amount of gluten is safe, and any product derived from a
gluten source is suspect.

Professionally, I am a computer programmer with a large computer services
company.  I have a good deal of experience with PCs and unix workstations, and
somewhat less experience with e-mail.  I am new to the Internet, but learning
fast.  I am willing to do what I can to help this list run smoothly.