From:
"Celeste M. Sutter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 12:49:00 EDT

Rosalie--Our daughter was breastfed for the first 6-7 months and then
switched to Prosobee.  Our pediatrition recommended that she remain on
formula beyond a year because her weight was only 15 lbs 12 oz.(at 12 mos)
and also because she seemed to have a problem with whole milk.  She also
ate everything in sight and all day long.  She ate as much if not more than
I did!  It wasn't until 18 mos. that something was considered "wrong".  She
had malabsorption syndrome with a loss of muscle mass in her arms and legs
and we went searching for the cause.  She was just recently diagnosed
(tentatively) with CS and has been on a GF diet for one month.  The doctor
discovered an ulcer during the endoscopy.  The whole time she was plagued
with diarrhea and a horrible diaper rash.  Her stools were bulky and she
would have 5-6 a day (I assumed this was a result of the quantities of food
she consumed).  It has only been this last week that we have seen a change.
 The doctor also prescribed pancrease along with the GF diet thinking that
she may have a pancreatic enzyme deficiency.  The only problem is we don't
know which one is making her better!   My feeling is that it is the diet.
It might be wise to eliminate gluten from the diet and see what happens.
Just a note: Desitin works wonders on diaper rash!

Celeste M. Sutter
Hanover College
P.O. Box 108
Hanover, IN  47243