From:
Andy Stevenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 18:40:00 E

Our four-year-old celiac daughter recently started a preschool program.
Should she be allowed to participate in making play dough? I'm concerned
about airborne flour dust, as well as about her inadvertently putting her
hands in her mouth while making it. Once the play dough is made, is there
any concern about handling it? Does anyone have a gluten-free play dough
recipe? I also have an unrelated question. When she does react to
something she's eaten, she tends to have some rather bizarre personality
changes (howling in her sleep, vivid nightmares, extreme overreactions to
everyday problems, and so on). Has anyone else experienced this, either
personally or with their celiac children? We're fairly new to all this,
and it's hard to untangle what might be normal behavior and what might be
a reaction. Any suggestions and advice would be welcomed, especially
regarding preschool. Thanks!  --Andy & Trisha Stevenson