From:
George Balch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 1995 06:29:58 CST

Catherine makes two points that strike home with me.  First, that it is entire-
ly possible to know one has CS without a biopsy.  In my case, there were no
biopsies (1943).  No doctor has every given me a good reason for having one
done; most see no need.

Second, the GF diet is a very nutritious one.  What we're missing in commercial
cakes, cookies, and pizza is what is making this society the most obese one on
record.  Questing for the perfect GF bread surely can't improve ones health as
much as eating sensibly and exercising.

There is a third point, however, that I hasten to add.  What we miss that is
hardest to replace or improve upon is the social nature of sharing food spon-
taneously in a wheat-based society.  That may be the best reason of making sure
of one's CS before committing to the lifelong GF diet.  Especially for kids.

That's how I see it, anyway.  How do others see it?