From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 13:43:33 -0400

Ellen Eagan asked:

>After reading "More From the Gluten-Free Gourmet", I'm considering buying
>a bread making machine. While Bette Hagman gives some good practical
>advise as to what is needed in a bread maker, she doesn't mention
>specific brands or models.

Actually she does, but not in her book. She likes the Zojirushi S-15 and the
Welbuilt models. GF dough is very tough and needs a strong motor and paddle.
It also needs a cooling down fan unless you plan to be present when it's
done (to take it out).

> I'd be interested in hearing from people using
>bread makers as to what brands and model they use and any other comments
>they have about it.

There was a lot of discussion on the list back in December, mostly near the
end of the month.

> My husband would like to use the machine to make
>wheat bread, so I would need something that can be easily and thoroughly
>cleaned.

This was discussed a bit in mid-December.

>Can the washable parts be put in a dishwasher?

No. Except for maybe the paddle which is small enough to wash by hand.

Don Wiss
New York City