VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 2020 13:14:16 -0700
Hi All,

The Windows 10 October 2020 update was released a few days ago. In the
official Microsoft blog post about what's new, I'm not finding anything
on accessibility. Do any of the beta testers or early installers here
know if there are any new features or improvements with Narrator? My
experience is that a few features never get mentioned in the promotional
material because they don't seem important when, in actuality,, they
are. For example, a release or two ago, I was tickled to discover that
you can now read by sentence, something that wasn't mentioned in
anything I'd read. I'm hoping for improvements like a Narrator command
for reading the status bar, improvements to how Narrator announces
what's being deleted when you use ctrl+backspace or ctrl+del, and
improvements to Narrator with Excel--all issues which I've reported
through Feedback. Does anyone have any news?

Btw, the official "What's New" blog post is here:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/10/20/whats-new-in-the-windows-10-october-2020-update/

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]