VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Madison Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 2020 13:03:09 -0500
Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is something that can just be fixed for Outlook, or if it
has to be done for all Office programs. I don't even know if it can be fixed
period, but I hope that it can. Anyway, I'm running Windows 10, Jaws 18 and
Office/Outlook 2013. I have Outlook set to check spelling before sending a
message and sometimes I'm told that the dictionary language is English (Canada)
and other times it's in English (United States). When you tab to change or
ignore the error you go past a combo box where you're supposed to be able to
change the selected language using the arrow keys, but when I tried to do that
(it was on English United States) it just took me back to the inbox. I tried to
open the combo box, make my selection and then close it, but the change didn't
stay. I looked in options, but didn't find anything. I don't want to change how
Jaws speaks, I just want to change the dictionary language.   So I'm wondering,
is there another way to change the dictionary language? Since I'm Canadian I'd
like to have it be set to Canadian English. The main Office program that I use
is Outlook so that's the main place where I'd like the dictionary language
changed, but if I have to or can change it in Word then that would be nice too!!
I hope that this makes sense, and that there's a easy/simple way to change this.
Look forward to any help/suggestions that any of you can provide!!
Thanks

Madison

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]