VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2017 12:17:25 -0400
It seems to me that the who blind community has a very big problem they
are playing in to hand of the astablihment.  They are beleiving their
lies that somthing can't be made more accessable because of the high
cost.  We have seen clear example of how other countries have done more
when it comes to greater accessability then we have.  But we say we
can't thats just to bad and we have to just except what we can't
change.  How are the newly blind going to feel about this logic?  Might
this greatly increase their depression and feelings that they just want
to give because what's the use of any advocacy it won't work.  We are
told that we can't have more braille because of the cost and number of
readers.  We are told that we can't have greater accessability in major
concumer products and softwhear because of the high cost and few number
of the blind.  If this mentality and very negative attitude in the blind
community does not change then we will just keep on loosing our
accessability more and more by the day at worp speed. We need great and
more advocacy now more then ever but both Acb and Nfb will never do this
if it is not what they want it will never happen.  they are just good
old boy groops with very littel value or effectiveness.  They wunder why
they are having membership problems well the younger blind will look at
them and say why should I join them what have they or what are they
going to do for the blind of this country.  Is this the worldyou signed
up for?  Well I did not sign up for it.  Do you really want to know why
other disabilities have greater accessability the than the blind?  Well
I'll tell you the answer is that they keep on advocate for what they
want until they get it they don't give up like the blind.  The deaf have
close captioningHow much dvs do we have not as much as the Uk.  how much
braille and general accessability do we have/  If they can do it then so
can we. Whear's ther's a will there's a way but the blind communityhas
yet to learn that.  They agree with the lies of the sighted it can't be
done I say and why not?  We will weak up day to find that we have no
accessability at all because we did not keep on advocate for it I hope
that you are okay with that because I am not.  It does not matter what
email list I post on or what issue I advocate for it's always the same
tired old attitude it can't be done because of the cost.  Most of the
blind don't need it.  If I don't need it then why shouldit happen.  So
the needs of some of the blind community are just not important enough
to justify the cost.I am not very happy with the blind community n fact
I am ashamed of them.  Weak up people andsmell the coffee and see the
writting on the wall before it's to late.  I have been tring to light a
fire in the blind community on verious email list but to no avail I just
get bashed.  I will just keep on doing it and I will not stop until I
see changes or I get baned from every list.

Brian Sackrider

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]