VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2017 05:10:07 -0400
Hi all,

Well folks, I'm back up and running, thanks to my computer guy, who has
fixed my systems, for 7 years now, Rick Merkle, of merkle computers.

The problem was, Windows 10, completely, switched my audio, from my
computers sound card to the sound card built into the graphics card.
There was no way, that I could have fixed it. He could not even talk me
through it on the phone, because I had no speech, at all.

I am not the only person in the blind community who has gone through
windows 10 stupidity.

My friend Brian, who has a different graphics card than I do, went
through it, and Becky, who is also on this list, went through it. It
doesn't matter what screen reader you're using, folks, windows 10, shuts
off your sound card, and switches your sound, to your graphics card, and
we never had this problem, in windows 7, or, in xp, etc.

Rick completely disabled the 2 sound card settings on my graphics card,
because you absolutely, have no way of doing it, without speech.

He told me, "Harry, please tell everybody in the blind community, I
would love to fix this problem, for good, just like I did yours, and,
Brians, as well.

Tell them, they can ship me their computers, and it only takes me 2
minutes to make the fix perminent. All they have to pay is shipping,
there and back, and it's $60 to make the fix, but it is perminent, and
they will never again have this problem, unless they have to reinstall
windows."

He loves helping us, and it's making him very angry that this is
happening to us and our computers, and we have only microsoft to blame.

And by the way, if you're still using, Windows 7, stop, immediately, and
upgrade to 10, because from a Kim Komando newsletter, "Microsoft ,as of
April 11, 2017, will no longer update Windows 7, or windows 8."

If you don't know how to do it, Rick can do that for you, as well. He
updated my computer to windows 10.

His number is, 810-689-7980. If he's not there, leave him a message, and
he returns phone calls. Just tell him, you heard about him through
Harry, on the vicug-l list, and you want your computer fixed so windows
10 does not turn off your speech.

I cannot tell you the joy I feel right now, in being back on. I could
not have lived for 3 months with no computer to use. Everything, and I
*MEAN EVERYTHING in my life that I do is on that, computer. If I do it,
it's on the computer, and on my thumb drive.

So, if you don't want to do this stuff yourself, and you want someone to
do it for you, Rick is the man, had him for 7 years, and plan on it for
years to come, and no, I don't get paid by him, but when someone wants
to help us, and when that someone cares about the crap that Microsoft
has done, that affects us, those are the people I want to do business with!

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]