From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2015 16:28:00 -0800
Not wanting to stir up any controversy here, however, I think you
guys are getting out of hand with these mic's, especially when
you are talking about a 300 to 3k band width,.  I mean we're not
talking hifi fm broadcasting.  I get great audio reports on my
TS590 using the stock hand mic.  I think you can do a lot to
augment your voice quality just by adjusting the audio
characteristics available in the menus.  I bought a Heil hand mic
from a ham on the swap net and it sounds like crap, like I am
holding my nose while talking.  It might be a good DX contest mic
because all it has is high's so I guess it will cut through
traffic, but otherwise, I don't use it even though it feels nice
in my hand.  Good luck and happy spending! Jim WA6EKS