From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 2015 09:11:45 +1300
Hi all!

Navigating the programme is definitely complicated but doable although I
haven't found a way to navigate it in a predictable fashond. I've downloaded
what the site claims to be the manual for RC Forb, but it is only a PDF and
doesn't really seem to go very far. It doesn't even seem to have the list of
keyboard shortcuts posted on the Handiham site.

All stations do not necessarily have the same capabilities, so that is an
important consideration everyone has. For example, Pat has told me that
W0ZSW and I guess W0EQO as well do not have CW capability.

Fortunately, I have been given access to a station that does have CW
capability, and my experience with it has been positive, exceeding what I
recall from running the W4MQ software.

While I don't mind using a built in keyer and typing what I want sent from a
keyboard, some development here is needed, and I have confirmed this with
the station's owner. The most troubling problem I've found is that the
keyboard lacks the comma character. The key just doesn't do anything, so it
is impossible to send that char. This is the first time I've ever run across
this peculiarity in a keyboard.

I'm told all the prosigns are visible in the CW window, but I couldn't find
them with a screen reader. Therefore, I made up the attached cheat sheet to
remind me of what is where. While most prosigns are shifted numbers, the
complete ignorance of the comma convinced me that some other reliable
entries needed to be included in my chart to assure some familiarity, so
that is why you'll see some entries that are not on the numbers row.

I have given this to Pat also to use as he wishes.

73,
Dave