From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 2015 10:33:45 -0400
Mike,

I've got a few Heil things here, and the PTT has always been 1/4 inch
mono.   I don't see why you couldn't use a stereo plug if that is what
you have.    You just need to  wire it so that the tip and shell are
grounded when the switch is activated.    The "ring" or center of the 3
connections  on the plug would be left unconnected.   You could probably
tie it in with the shell or ground, but why bother?

73, Steve KW3A