From:
Jose Tamayo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 2015 10:47:54 -0400
There is a better way!

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Eric Oyen
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2015 9:23 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: OT: SSA and the disability fund (Was Re: Flex radios)

well, it seems that every blind, deaf, deaf-blind and other dialed = people
need to start a mass petition to get this changed. THere is no = way that I
will be able to handle a 19% hit next year. my rent has = already gone up
and if I am forced to take that cut, I will have to sell = off what I have
and go live on the streets. THis is not a pleasant = prospect and, in fact,
can be a very dangerous situation for a blind = person.

now, I know of one way we can save the disability fund: dump all those = off
who have no business being there. This means that fakers, wannabes = and
illegal aliens will no longer be able to suck at the government tit. = Its
either that or the government starts hiring US at going market rates = so
that we can support ourselves. I don't see the private sector being = very
cooperative.

anyway, enough of my rant.

-eric

On Aug 14, 2015, at 2:01 AM, Harvey Heagy wrote:

> I agree, Eric.  And yet they are now saying the disability fund will =
run out
> in late 2016 and we may be cut by 19 percent.  Yet Social Security has
> =
no
> trouble at all giving everything to the senior citizens.  Just how =
many
> times are we going to have to bail SSA out before they get their act
> together?  Between the government bailing them out several times and =
SSA
> changing the formula by which our benefits are calculated back in 1979
> =
we