From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 2015 20:21:11 -0400
We only had 10 on the goto station and I was there helping my wife and
another new ham, and someone who just came to watch with his father who was
a ham out but I was impressed with how good the band was. The 40 meter
station was interfering with the goto station a bit though which is
something new for this year so I didn't try 10 from anywhere else. I'm
thinking something wasn't put together or pointed the way it usually is, we
haven't changed much other than trying something for a year then going back,
but for the most part, none of this stuff has changed in many many years so
new problems like that means something wasn't right. I think even the radios
were the same as the last few years. I sure miss my old TS-930 on that 40
meter wire beam at field day, that was a dream setup but the radio lost the
power supply in a spectacular way when I tried to run it here and I sure
can't afford another one now. The TS-440 is a good radio which is what
they've used on that station since, but it's not the 930 with good after
market filtering by a long shot.