From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 20:57:51 -0500
Mike,

I almost always use some slight compression with the Gold Line.   About
20 in and 25 out.    I try and keep the ALC down to just a few pips on
the meter.    I also prefer menu 29 for hard vs. soft compression set to
"S", although "H"  may help  when in that pile up for the rare one.

Mics and voices vary so much  that one size doesn't fit all.  You need
to use the voice readout of the meter to get things  set up right.
There is an "ALC range"  marked on the meter, but you would need sighted
help to hit it as there is no  voice indication  where it is.    The
meter will say "zero" up to somewhere in the teens, then "over".

You also have bandwidth and EQ settings, so a lot to tweak with if you
are so inclined.

73, Steve KW3A