From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2014 13:19:50 -0400
Not sure if Ed is thinking of one of the Power Gates from West Mountain
Radio, or something similar.

I guess you have a distance problem between battery location and radio
location.  If there was any way around it, I would prefer to run off
the batteries and forget the inverter.    Some of them are RFI machines.

Also there is a device which I think is generically known as a "battery
booster".    Even as the battery voltage drops, it keeps the output at
13.8 vdc.   Of course MFJ makes one, but there are others out there.   I
think in the $125 - $150 range.

Happy sailing, Steve KW3A