From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2014 12:09:50 -0500
David,

I've read Ed's critical comments, but I've never run into any problems with my Wouxon (the 6 and 2-meter dual band radio), which I've had for about a year and a half.  I haven't heard any complaints from other owners (at least none on this list), so I really don't know what to make of Ed's comments.  In my opinion, these radios are quite impressive for the price, although, like almost everything else, you may want to spend the extra bucks if you can afford it.  I also have a Kenwood TH-F6 which is somewhat more user friendly even though it lacks speech feedback, but it also costs more than three times the price of the Wouxons.  The bottom line: they seem pretty good for the price, especially the newest model which is a true dual-band radio, unlike earlier models.

Steve