VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2014 00:46:44 -0600
My Blind Spot Seeks Beta Testers

Over the last several months, My Blind Spot has begun testing the
new,
accessible and usable version of QuickBooks for Windows with the
most
popular screen readers used by the blind, the visually impaired,
and the
print disabled.  When it comes to selecting a screen reader, MBS
is committed
to ensuring that options and choices exist for the community.

We are proud to be working with GW Micro, the developers of
Window-Eyes,
<http://goog_1718305700/>  http://tinyurl.com/kwh5vro, as well as
NV Access,
the developers of NVDA: http://goo.gl/55jsO6

We have developed screen reader solutions for JAWS users, and we
now invite
the participation of Window-Eyes users who have experience using
QuickBooks
for Windows.

If you are interested in making QuickBooks more accessible
through
participation in a user testing group, please contact
All candidates will be asked to share with an MBS testing
coordinator, in
some detail, their prior experience with QuickBooks or some other
small
business accounting program.  The results of this preliminary
interview will
help determine if your skill set and experience are a match for
this
accessibility project.  Please apply for this opportunity only if
you
already have a strong familiarity with one of the screen readers
listed
above and with QuickBooks for Windows.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]