From:
Jackie Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jackie Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:41:02 -0700
CONGRATULATIONS MIKE.

Yes, I was one of those who found the theory harder than the code, so when I
accidentally let my Extra Class license expire after 20 years, I was
devistated. Then I found that by retaking my Tech test, I could get my Extra
privileges back. So that's what I did.  Unfortunately, I couldn't keep my
previous call of WX7A, as it now belongs to someone else.

I think that part of my problem understanding the theory was that I couldn't
see how it applied, in that I too couldn't get hands on experience with the
older equipment.  One of these days, I still want to try to do that as well.

Jackie
AF7KG