From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2014 17:13:00 +0100
Where is the moderator in all this?

73

David W Wood

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 4:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The value of our Blind Hams list

I have learned a lot from this list.  But, there are some pet pieves in
which I concur with some of what Alan said:

1.  People who reply with one-line responses, and make several replies in a
row to different people.  It'd be much better to consolidate your replies
into one message.

2.  Messages that hijack the subject line; the subject line can be edited
too, so remember to change it if you are going in a different direction.

3.  I don't mind looking at the list of check-ins, but some of the other
traffic should be exchanged directly like a QSL card.

I do like the reminders about the nets and if we have to cancel due to a
contest.  Some day, maybe I'll get my antenna back up where I can get on and

check in; I tried demo-ing field day to a new ham and I could hardly make a
contact on 40 meters.  I just have not gotten around to getting my wire back

up on either end after the ice storm, and I don't want to throw money at the

tower because it is hard to find decent climbers now.

Steve, K8SP