From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2014 08:42:10 -0400
Dennis,

Go to this page at icanworkthisthing.com and you can get the 590's
manual, in-depth manual,  menu list, and front panel key chart (all in
text form):

http://icanworkthisthing.com/docs/amateur_radio/multi/index.shtml
  Not sure what happened with your VGS-1, what exactley does it say when
you try to get frequency?

You can do a reset easy enough, but maybe not needed at this point.
Anyway before a reset, you should use the free Kenwood software ARCP-590
and back up  your settings so you can reload them  later.    Either way,
it is nice to  have your menus and memories backed up for  any future need.

You can get the ARCP-590 control program, as well as future firmware
updates, and the virtual comm port driver to use the USB connection on
the radio here:

http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/software_download.html

73, Steve KW3A

On 8/20/2014 11:28 PM, Dennis Schwendtner wrote:
>      Hi all,
>
> My name is Dennis here in Santa Barbara, Ca. and I have a TS-590/s. Just=20
> installed my SB220 amp and all is fine with the amp. A friend accidentall=
> y=20
> hit a button and now my PGS1 doesn't say all the frequencies. I mean it=20
> leaves out the last number. Does anyone know how to recet the radio so th=
> e=20
> pgs1 says the whole freq display?
>
> Thanks and have a great day.
>
> If anyone wants to call me, I would love to talk with someone about the 5=
> 90=20
> and more of its button functions.  Especially with a blind person that kn=
> ows=20
> the radio better than I do.  GRIN!  Got the radio a few months ago and ne=
> ed=20
> to learn a lot more about it...  Podcasts and any other help would be=20
> greatfully appreciated.
>
> 73 , from W B 6 O B B   ... Dennis
>

> ----- Original Message -----=20

>>> Butch