From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2014 10:06:52 -0700
Don, I never knew it would damage the 480 to run 100 watts on FM.
I have owned one for several years with seemingly no ill effects
when operating 10 or 6 FM using full power.  I have noticed when
switching to the AM mode that the power will only be 25 watts
max.  I guess we could use further clarification on this.  Jim
WA6EKS